Each week we will be highlighting important resources. Check back each Friday to see what we have dug up for you. From this week’s cache:
1. Did Luther Really Split the Church?: Chris Castaldo – Castaldo says, “This is the historical context in which Luther took his stand against the Roman church. Did Luther ever provoke his interlocutors? Undoubtedly. His indiscretions are well documented. But was it Luther’s decision to split the church, or was he pushed out? The evidence seems to support the latter.”
2. How Do I Encourage My Pastor?: Brian Croft – Croft notes, “Based on the emails, notes, and phone calls I continue to get, trust me…your pastor needs encouragement. He needs to know that what he does week in and week out means something to God as well as those for whom he labors. Here are 5 suggestions to accomplish this.”
3. What Should Be One of My Chief Aims at Church?: Austin Brown – Brown says, “The act of encouragement is wonderfully simple and good, but extraordinarily difficult for sinners. So my encouragement to you (and myself!) would be to lean hard on the Spirit and ask for help. Reflect afresh on the gifts God has given you and think how those can be used in new and lively ways among the saints.”
4. Befriend Those with Disabilities and Special Needs: Scott Sauls – Sauls says, “One of my greatest privileges is being pastor to a church with many children and adults who have special needs. Due in large part to the incredible leadership of a woman named Gigi Sanders, our church has chosen to invest resources and special attention into this community. I firmly believe the greatest beneficiaries of this relationship aren’t the people among us who have special needs, but those of us who get to be in their company.”
5. Prayer is the Most You Can Do: Joey Zorina – Zorina notes, “The goal of my prayer is that God be glorified in sending many into His harvest field among the unreached people groups. Would you join us in praying for the mission fields to bear much Gospel fruits?”
Matt Manry is the Assistant Pastor at Life Bible Church in Canton, Georgia. He writes at matthewwmanry.com.