Each week we will be highlighting important resources. Check back each Friday to see what we have dug up for you. From this week’s cache:
1. The Glory of the Reformation: A Clean Conscience: By Kevin DeYoung – DeYoung notes: “There is no friend like a clean conscience and no enemy like a conscience doing its God-given work. Turn from sin and turn to Christ. Stand your ground. Get on your knees. Be a captive to the Word of God and boast in your conscience.”
2. What Is Reformation Day All About?: By Robert Rothwell – Rothwell says: “Luther lifted the unbiblical ban on marriage for the clergy and by his own teaching and example radically transformed the institution itself. He recaptured the biblical view of the priesthood of all believers, showing all people that their work had purpose and dignity because in it they can serve their Creator.”
3. An Interview with Carl Trueman on Luther’s 95 Theses: By Justin Taylor – This is great interview with Dr. Carl Trueman. This is definitely worth a look.
4. Reformation and the Need for Truth: By Ray Nothstine – Nothstine notes: “Reformation Day powerfully reminds us that if there is going to be another resurgence of the principles of freedom, liberty, and truth in our society and culture, it will have to come by way of revival and through people of faith. It is the only cure more powerful than the disease of indifference and secularism that is ushering in our demise as a people and culture.”
5. Reformation Day: By Timothy George – George notes: “The triumph of grace in the theology of Luther was—and still is—in the service of the whole Body of Christ. Luther was not without his warts, and we can hardly imagine him canonized as a saint.”
Matt Manry is the Director of Discipleship at Life Bible Church in Canton, Georgia. He is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Religion at Reformed Theological Seminary and a Masters of Arts in Christian and Classical Studies from Knox Theological Seminary. He blogs regularly at gospelglory.net.